Because the availability of an antibody test is so vital, many inaccurate – dangerously unreliable – cheaply-made tests were sold to people without proper test-validation. Reliable tests take time to develop and validate. We withheld offering any tests until now, and are very pleased to be able to offer you a test with known, assured quality, provided and processed by a leading, and outstanding, quality-assured & medically-led, UK laboratory (who we have worked with for 20 years).
Our test is 100% SPECIFIC – which means that you will not get a positive result if you have not had COVID-19.
There is a 100% SENSITIVITY at just 17 days after you have been exposed to the infection (& caught it). This means that we will pick up if you have had the virus if you take the test more than 17 days after first getting infected. Most other tests are working off 21 day readings.
And it is > 97.5% SENSITIVE at just 14 days – which means that you have more than a 97.5% probability of being found to be positive for COVID-19 IgG antibodies, if you indeed have IgG antibodies, at 14 days. Or put differently, if you get a negative result, there is only a 2.5% chance that you have not in fact had the virus.
The issue of COVID-19 antibody testing is of paramount importance to individuals, and to the country as a whole. Any meaningful strategy for safe, or thought-to-be-safe, exit from lockdown and/or safeguarding measures, to whatever extent, requires us to know whether we are immune or not.
This test only tells us at this time if you have had an infection with this virus – we don’t know as yet if having the antibodies provides ‘protective immunity’ (ie if, having had the infection once, this means you can’t get it again – because you are protected – or that you can’t get it again for a given period of time – if it transpires that the infection confers temporary protective immunity).
As time passes, the body of science continues to grow, and we will be able to tell if there is protective immunity to COVID-19, or temporary protective immunity. And you having had the test now, you will be in a position to back-estimate how immune you are likely to be to further/future infection, having ascertained when you most probably definitely got infected.
***These tests are suitable for ALL AGES – including Children. Many parents are concerned for their kids to undertake these tests before returning to school.***